Soot and other byproducts can really accumulate fire after fire, and a dirty chimney can pose a real threat. In fact, the majority of chimney-related house fires are caused by blockages and buildup that could have been easily removed during a routine sweeping service. Other problems that can be caused by a dirty chimney system include:
- carbon monoxide poisoning
- flue liner damage and smoke chamber damage
- chimney fire
- smoke problems
That is why you need to have your chimney cleaned regularly and thoroughly. Sweepings can remove any residue, buildup, and blockages, help reduce fire risk, and protect your chimney system against the damage caused by corrosive byproducts and buildup like creosote. So when was your last chimney sweeping? Are you overdue?
The best way to identify when chimney sweepings are needed is to schedule an inspection of your chimney with a CSIA certified chimney sweep on a yearly basis. We’ll look at the level of buildup inside, check for blockages, and let you know whether or not we recommend a cleaning just yet.
If it is time for a chimney sweeping, you can trust the licensed, insured, and CSIA certified chimney pros here at SirVent STL Chimney & Venting Service to provide excellent service with absolutely NO MESS.
- First, we place tarps around the fireplace to protect the carpet/flooring.
- Next, we set up our vacuum system to make sure every last bit of debris that’s removed from the chimney is captured and contained.
- Once we’re all set up, we sweep the firebox, the rest of the fireplace, the smoke chamber, and the chimney flue. From bottom to top, we’ll get the whole system clean. We’ll also clean the damper and make sure it’s working as it should.
- After the entire system has been thoroughly cleaned, we’ll check the exterior of the chimney and fireplace for damage. This includes the cap, the crown or chase cover, the flashing, and the masonry chase.
At the end of the service, you’ll be provided with a report covering what we did and what we recommend moving forward. We can even provide photo documentation of any damage we find.
When Should You Have Your Chimney Swept?
Like mentioned earlier, if you have your chimney inspected every year, you’ll always know when a chimney sweeping is needed. But when’s the best time of year to schedule sweepings? For the easiest, fastest scheduling, we recommend spring and summer sweepings.
Many homeowners wait until just before the holidays to schedule sweepings because that’s when they’re thinking about using their chimneys and fireplaces. That’s the time of year when our schedules can get pretty packed.
If you schedule in the spring or summer, we’ll be able to head out to your home faster to sweep your chimney and make any necessary repairs, and you’ll know your chimney system is ready when the temperatures drop. Having your chimney cleaned in early spring can also help with animal and bird issues. We’ll inspect your chimney cap and see if any damage has been done over the winter, so you’ll know if a new cap is needed to prevent nesting birds and animals come mating season.
Schedule Today — It’s Easy!
Ready for reliable, courteous, NO MESS service? That’s what you deserve and it’s what we deliver! Whether you’re in Jackson, Crestwood, Cape Girardeau, Ballwin, or somewhere else in the area, you can count on SirVent STL Chimney & Venting Service. This military family runs our business with pride and we guarantee your satisfaction on our services. Ready to schedule? Call 573-652-3926 or request an appointment online today.